● Demonstrate advanced uses of the canvas element
● Validate HTML5 code
● Identify ways to determine browser compatibility for a page or device
● Implement HTML5 forms
● Use CSS3 to shape content on the page
● Design for mobile devices
● Implement HTML5 APIs
● Design pages for a cloud-based storefront
● How to teach this class in a classroom
● Working with analogies
● Real world examples to apply knowledge
● Addressing the flat ends of the bell curve in your class
● Creative ways to use the curricula
● Create a test website as part of the class
What Should I Know
Dr. Katz joined Certification Partners in the beginning of 2014. She brings over 40 years of teaching experience including over 15 years of corporate training using CIW curricula in addition to over 60 software applications and soft skills classes.
Prior to joining Certification Partners, Dr. Katz has taught technology and education classes for several universities and colleges including, Drexel University, Strayer University, The Arts Institute of Philadelphia, Gloucester and Mercer community colleges, and several technical schools. Her passions are adult education and online learning.
She earned her BFA in Digital Communications (Summa Cum Laude) and M.Ed. in Instructional Design with Technology from American Continental University and a Ph.D. in Professional Studies in Education from Capella University.
When she is not working, Dr. Katz is involved in dog rescue work with her family (they have collectively saved well over 250 lives) and advocacy work for victims of domestic violence and child abuse through her spiritual community.