To place Community College students into technology-based internship experiences requires a systematic process.
The BATEC model is a simple yet scalable methodology that manages the placement of community college students into technology relevant work experiences. It has been replicated by multiple institutions across Web Design & Development, Desktop & Network Support, and Database Programming. We continue to integrate new disciplines and we are always interested in learning about new programs.
The model offers guidance and instruction in the five critical areas of:
• Student Recruitment and Qualification
• Student Preparation
• Employer Recruitment
• Student / Employer Matching
• Placement & Follow Up
The preparation, recruitment and matching process is a three month effort and requires a dedicated facilitator assigned to the effort.
If you’re considering starting or altering an internship program for students studying computer science, information technology, computer networking or digital media, please get in touch with us. We’d love to be a resource for you.
- The BATEC Internship model is systematic, with clearly defined phases and sequential approach.
- With an implementer manual full of adaptable templates and an employer recruitment strategy utilizing resources universally available to community colleges, the program is replicable.
- The model focuses on student employability skills, requiring students to polish resumes, practice interviewing, and more before meeting potential hosts
MassBay Community College